Friday, February 25, 2005

Where is he?

In response to a widow who wrote: I realized last night that everywhere I go I am looking for my husband. (he has been gone 16 mo) I think unconsciously I have been doing this since the accident, but just realized last night I cannot find him....NOWHERE is he to be found.

Oh yes!

I would wander the house after the kids were in bed. Aimlessly wander from one room to another. Sit on the sofa for a few minutes staring blankly at the tv. Get up and go toward the garage door. Go to the kitchen. Sit on the sofa. Get up and go upstairs. Sit on the sofa. Get up and look out the window.

It suddenly hit me that I was waiting for Nick to come home. Once I realized that was what I was doing, I didn't do it quite so much, but I still do. And I still ask (out loud), "Nick, where are you? Why don't you come back to me?"

My love has been taken away from me, and I don't know where to find him.

No comments: